GIVING TUESDAY IS NOVEMBER 28, 2017!
It Feels Good To Do Good
The Valparaiso Family YMCA serves over 16,000 people from all walks of life from infants to senior health-seeker. It is open to everyone in the community, giving each an opportunity to be healthy, confident, connected and secure. The Annual Community Assistance Campaign is our opportunity to raise funds so that more adults, children and families can benefit from the expansive Y programs regardless of their economic status. Our Y is serving one in seven individuals in Porter County. In these challenging economic times, more people than ever need our assistance. By donating to the Annual Giving Campaign, you can make a world of difference—right in your own community.
We still need your help.
Our YMCA Impact Thanks to You!
- Over 800 children receive quality child care.
- Swim lessons/water safety classes reach 2,600+ children age 6 months and up, per year.
- Over 120 clients from local Human Service Agencies; Opportunity Enterprises, The Caring Place, and Porter-Starke, were provided free memberships.
- Our "Can-Do-Kids" Program created a summer camp for special needs children ages 5-13.
- Science Technology Engineering Math (STEM) curriculum taught at summer camp
The need is great. Last year we provided more than $300,000 in financial assistance to the community. Over 120 clients from 14 human services agencies received memberships, 2,000 individuals received income-based scholarships, and an additional $77,500 was given to support low-income families in need of child care. The demand for financial assistance and program sponsorship increases every year.
Our 2017 goal is to raise $275,000. The Y wants to continue making an impact on the people of this community. We believe that lasting personal and social change can only come about when we all work together to invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. Changing lives to strengthen families and community is our cause. One of the stories that touched us:
“Being a single mother, I am so thankful for the YMCA childcare program. They assisted me with my son's early learning immensely. My son became so smart and well mannered. My son is now four years old and will always be a part of the YMCA family. I would like to take this time to thank all of the pre-school staff for going above and beyond all the time. Most importantly, thank you for having such a huge positive impact on my son's life!”
Here’s What You Can Do With One Gift:
- A gift of $500 - A senior adult member maintains an exercise regimen for one year
- A gift of $165 - A pre-schooler can enroll for one week
- A gift of $75 - A monthly family membership strengthens their time together
- A gift of $50 - Annual supply fee for pre-schoolers
Please send your donation to:
Annual Campaign, C/O Donna Demko
Valparaiso Family YMCA
1201 Cumberland Crossing Drive
Valparaiso, IN 46383
To find out more or to make your tax-deductible donation, Donna Demko at 462 4185 x351