- A membership card or daily guest pass must be presented at the access control desk to use YMCA facilities.
- The YMCA encourages use of locks on all lockers; the YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by a parent if not enrolled in a class.
- The YMCA is a tobacco-free building. Foul language is not in keeping with the YMCA mission.
- Dress Code: please embrace the family-friendly environment of your Y and refrain from wearing attire that may offend others. Please use good judgment with your attire:
- Shorts: Shorts should be basic athletic shorts without skin over-exposure. “Volleyball” shorts may be worn in the Basketball Gym only.
- Pants/Shorts: Should not expose undergarments.
- Shoes: Wellness Center shoes must be closed toe, clean, athletic shoes. Black-soled shoes should be non-marking. Bare feet are allowed in Aquatics Areas and Locker Rooms only.
- Aquatics Areas: Please wear appropriate swim attire.
- Shirts: T-shirts or tank tops must be worn everywhere in the facility except in the Aquatics Areas and the Gym (shirts vs skins is acceptable to distinguish teams). Please do not wear shirts displaying inappropriate designs, logos or offensive comments.
System Credit Issuing Policies
All Courtesy Desk/Online Registered Programs
System Credit Policy
If you are registered for a program at the Valparaiso Family YMCA and would like to request a system credit for all or part of the program due to extenuating circumstances please refer to the following policies. All requests for system credit must be made within two weeks after a program ending.
- Weather Cancelation related credit requests will be not be granted: The Valparaiso Family YMCA is not responsible for providing system credits due to weather related closures/cancelations. Swim lessons and sports practices cannot be made up. The Sports Dept. will attempt to reschedule a weather canceled game one time. If the game is canceled due to weather a second time it will.
- Days missed due to personal reasons/vacations will not be granted: The Valparaiso Family YMCA is not responsible for these absences and will not issue credits for them.
The Valparaiso Family YMCA may issue system credits for the following reasons:
- Death of an immediate family member
- Illness/Injury with doctors note
- Request to drop out of a program prior to beginning of program (for an actual refund it must be made a minimum of two days before the program)
- Program is a poor fit for an individual
- Program has already started
- Program conflicts with another YMCA program
- YMCA cancels/closes program for internal reasons
- Moving/canceling membership
- Personal Training/Private Swim Lessons/Individual Coaching: Must be scheduled within one year from purchase date. If an individual requests a credit for unused sessions within the year they may receive credit for the remainder of the unused portion.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping the Valparaiso Family YMCA a family-friendly environment!