SPECIALTY AND COMMUNITY PROGRAMS
As a community center, we pride ourselves on offering a variety of programs that directly benefit or strengthen the community. From helping our local Boy and Girl Scouts get their swimming merit badges to hosting our local master's swim program to free spring break water safety and swim skill classes, the Y is here for you!
Scouting Merit Badge
A great opportunity for Boy and Girl Scouts to have a certified instructor guide them through the requirements needed to earn swimming badges. Sessions may be on an individual basis or group. This program is available for all scouting organizations.
Cub Scouts - $5 per scout, usually takes 2-3 hours depending on requirements.
Boy & Girl Scout Merit Badge - $30 for a single scout, $20 per scout for groups of 2-5, and $15 per scout in groups of 6-10. Boy & Girl Scout merit badge can take up to 4 hours to complete.
For more information please contact Sarah Kelly at 219-462-4185 x353 or email@example.com.
Valpo Masters is a competitive swim team for those who are looking to improve their swimming technique, speed, and endurance. Valpo Masters is a member of Greater Indiana (GRIN) Masters Swimming, under the auspices of US Masters Swimming (USMS). USMS is a national organization that provides organized workouts, competitions, clinics, and workshops. www.facebook.com/valpomasters
TRY US OUT! FIRST TWO PRACTICES ARE FREE!
SPLASH! is a free program for any non-swimmer who wants to take some basic lessons. It will focus on rudimentary swimming skills and water safety. It will let us offer an educational service to the community and help improve the safety of all participating children around water. Additionally, we hope to generate some interest with individuals who have not taken part in our programming.
- The class sizes will be limited to 20 kids and it will be done on a first come first serve basis.
- There will be 1 instructor for every 5 kids.
- Class curriculum is for non-swimmers. Instructors will focus on teaching the basics of water safety, rudimentary swimming strokes, and facilitating fun water activities. Friday of the program will be devoted to games and fun in the water.
- At the conclusion of the program children will be evaluated and provided information about our normal swim lesson programs.
We strongly believe it is important for all children to have the opportunity to learn basic swimming and water safety skills! Making our program accessible to all means keeping it not just affordable, but convenient for working parents.
- 5 WEEK PROGRAM- AFTER SCHOOL CARE, SWIM LESSONS & TRANSPORTATION ALL IN ONE!
- $40 For Members And $45 For Community Participants
For all of our swimmer’s safety, parents or trusted adults MUST be listed on emergency contact forms and have a photo ID to sign out participants. Any child that is not picked up by 5:00 PM will be taken to Child Watch and charged the cost of our Child Watch Program. Should this occur twice, the child will not be permitted to participate for the remainder of the program. **Should school not be in session, lessons will still run but transpiration will not be provided.
- You Must Register At Our Facility To Complete Emergency And Childcare Paperwork.
- We have a limit of 20 participants per school and spots fill up fast.
- Registration opens in mid-January of each year.
- For questions please contact Aquatics Director Samantha Howes. 219.462.4185 x247 or at firstname.lastname@example.org