Let’s Raise Hope – A Kindness Campaign!
We need the Y more than ever in our socially distant world. Every day at the Y, people experience the joy of connectedness, belonging, positivity and encouragement. There are friendly and familiar faces, “hello’s” and conversations, and endless ways to be active and engaged.
The Y is so much more than a building – and closed doors can’t stop us from sharing that kindness to our neighbors, loved ones and ourselves.
We invite you to RAISE HOPE with the Kindness Campaign as a Virtual Volunteer!
The Kindness Campaign is all about raising hope in our community and being the Y by spreading positivity. Do a random act of kindness, send an encouraging letter, or help a neighbor!
How to Get Involved: Inspire others by sharing your acts of kindness on social media:
- Simply share a comment, photo or video as a reply to the Valparaiso Family Y Facebook posts.
- Tag us in your post and use hashtag #YMCAKindnessCampaign #Let’sRaiseHope.
- Sign-up below! We will keep you up-to-date with a bi-weekly dose of Kindness Campaign ideas and celebrations of success!
Most importantly, join us in being the Y!
Ideas to Get Started
Ready to get started? Here are 12 ideas!
- Sew a mask or crochet a connector
- Pick up trash around your neighborhood
- Make a bookmark and put them in Togetherhood Libraries or gift them to neighbors
- Take care of simple tasks for home bound neighbors
- Write down someone's best qualities and share it with them
- Write a letter to a friend, family member or a senior
- Make a greeting or thank you card and send it to someone you love
- Call up a senior and ask about their past
- Share a positive quote
- Chalk encouraging art on your sidewalks and driveways
- Make (or purchase) signs for your windows and yard
- Laugh, tell a joke, share a silly video
*Please remember to follow social distancing guidelines, CDC recommendations, and use careful hygiene to protect yourself and your community. Thank you!