Building a Foundation for Learning
Preschool programs provide students with the foundation of learning to prepare them for future success. Children engage in language arts, handwriting, math concepts, science, social and emotional awareness, music, visual arts, and large and small muscle development.
Preschool & Pre-K | Ages 3-5
Half and Full Day Programs
Full Day 6 am - 6 pm (available all year) | Half Day (available during the school year) 9:00-11:30 am & 12:30-3 pm
Two Locations for Early Education Programs
- Valparaiso Family YMCA: 1201 Cumberland Crossing Dr. | 219.464.9543 ext. 7
- Little Angels Learning Center located in First United Methodist Church of Valparaiso (Downtown location): 103 Franklin St. | 219.786.9570 (Tours) | 219.464.9543 ext. 7 (Registration)
• Full Day: Ages 3 - 5 | $170 per week
• Half Day: Age 3 | T/Th (9-11:30 am) | $150 per month
• Half Day: Age 4 | M/W/F (9-11:30 am) | $175 per month
• Half Day: Pre-K | M - F (12:30-3 pm) | $225 per month
• Little Angels Learning Center, Full Time Full Day: $170 per week
• Little Angels Learning Center, Part Time Full Day: $135 per week
REGISTER: Call the Child Care office at 219.464.9543. Half Day preschool can be registered through the front desk.
Early Childhood Creative Curriculum
At the YMCA we use a proven approach to learning called Creative Curriculum. This approach informs the nurturing, learning and educational environment that our participating children experience. Our curriculum is an early childhood development approach rooted in educational philosophy, theory and practice. We focus on how children develop and learn, based on their individual interests, the learning environment and the role of a teacher.
The curriculum has 38 research based learning objectives that are organized into 10 areas of development and learning.
- Science & Technology
- Social Studies
- The Arts
- English Language Acquisition
The Y is a HEPA Facility
Children engage in healthy eating and physical activity 30-60 minutes/day. Fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grain snacks are provided. Children are encouraged to make healthy choices both at the YMCA and at home.
For more information please contact Melanie Hoffman, Childcare Director | 219.464.9543 ext 7 | email@example.com
Which Preschool Location is Right for My Child?
MAIN Y | 1201 Cumberland Crossing Dr. Valparaiso
DOWNTOWN | Little Angels Learning Center, Valparaiso (103 Franklin St.)
• Kindergarten readiness
• High quality staff registered ministries
• 10:1 ratios upheld in all classrooms (1:5 toddler)
• Safe and nurturing learning environments
• Enrichment Curriculum Creative
- Each child must bring a nut free lunch
- Each child must have a spare set of clothes
- Each child must have a small blanket and pillow for nap
- All paperwork is due the Wednesday prior to the week of care
- All children 3 and above must be potty trained
- Everyone must have a physical and immunizations prior to start
- Children must be in classroom by 9:30am
- Breakfast is provided 7-7:30 am
- Check with child’s teacher for classroom’s communication app to stay in touch with announcements and closings
For more information, contact Melanie Hoffman, Childcare Director | 219.464.9543 ext 7 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Y Creates Opportunities for All
Thanks to the generosity of donors, the Y offers scholarships to individuals and families for Y membership and programs, including child care.