RINGING IN SPRING 5K
Saturday, April 2, 2022
Race the Region and Gold Cup Elite Series event
The Valparaiso Family YMCA is proud to present the 2022 Ringing in Spring 5k Run/Walk! Start your year off on the right foot by kicking off the running season with the NWI's largest spring-time race for 25+ years.
Registration for Ringing in Spring 5k 2022
100% of proceeds benefit the Valparaiso Family YMCA's Annual Campaign, which serves our community through scholarships for membership, programming, and childcare so that every family and child has the opportunity to live life to the fullest. Ringing in Spring is a 2022 Race the Region and Gold Cup Elite Series event.
- Fee: $33
- Start Time: 5K start at 7:30 AM. Start line will remain open until 7:45 am for those that don't want to start with the majority of the participants and would like more space.
- Chip Timing: Automatically included on your race bib through T&H Timing
- Costumes Encouraged: This year, please join us in our theme of "Just Imagine" as we raise funds to support the mission of the Y through initiatives such as scholarships for Membership, Child Care, and Programming. To show off your Imaginative Spirit - we invite you to dress up as your favorite character on race day!
- Registration Ends: Friday, April 1st at 11:59pm. NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
- Packet Pick-Up: Available at Extra Mile Fitness Co. on March 31st & April 1st from 10:00am - 6:00pm at 1220 E. Lincolnway, Valparaiso IN 46383. NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK-UP except for out-of-state participants.
2022 RACE SHIRT:
Locations | Packet Pick-Up + Race Day
RACE DAY, APRIL 2ND
VALPARAISO FAMILY YMCA
1201 Cumberland Crossing
Valparaiso IN 46383
Directions: From Calumet, turn into the YMCA parking area at the stoplight with the Diary Queen and Burger King.
PACKET PICK-UP, MARCH 31ST & APRIL 1ST
EXTRA MILE FITNESS
1330 E. Lincolnway
Valparaiso IN 46383
Directions: Located on the south side of Lincolnway just north of Valparaiso University. From Highway 30, turn north at Sturdy Road (look for the Speedway gas station). Make a 3/4 turn at the roundabout onto Lincolnway.
This route is different than previous year’s courses in order to create ideal circumstances for social distancing throughout entire duration of the race. Begin and finish near the YMCA Pavilion on Cumberland Drive.
5K Course description:
- Residential area
- Some hills in second mile, 20-30 feet high
- Start and finish near YMCA Pavilion on Cumberland Dr
Hazards: The course may have hazards including cars, slippery or uneven surfaces, potholes, debris, traffic control devices, and other dangers encountered in road races. For your safety, please be careful and remain alert.
Prohibited items: This is a big race, so please don't bring shoes with wheels, bikes, or dogs. For an accommodation in case of disability, please contact us in advance. Participants using music players are asked to keep the volume low enough to be able to hear course marshals and nearby participants to reduce the risk of injury to themselves or others.
Medical professionals: will be on call at the fire station on Cumberland Drive. Volunteer course marshals will be stationed at road crossings, subject to availability. In case of emergency, call 911 and immediately notify race or YMCA officials.
For users of GPS watches from USATF: "Race courses are measured along a well-defined path called the SPR—the Shortest Possible Route that a runner can possibly run. Most runners don’t actually run the SPR, so the distance recorded by their GPS device will usually be longer than the certified length of the course, even though the course was properly measured along the SPR according to USATF rules." For details of our SPR, see our certification maps on the "detailed map" links above.
Ringing in Spring Child Care
The YMCA offers complimentary child care while you are participating in our Ringing in Spring event!
To help provide quality care, each child must be preregistered, one form per child. Registration for complimentary childcare begins February 1st, 2022.
- Children will be assigned various rooms in the YMCA's child care area depending on their age (min. 6 weeks).
- Please pick-up your child as soon as possible after the race.
- Child care pre-registration will be accepted until capacity is reached.
Registration for complimentary childcare begins February 1st, 2022.
Custom Long Sleeve Wicking Shirt
Tracking and Results
Via on-the-bib chip timing and instant results on your smartphone. Chip time determines place. Please stay away from the finish mats once you complete the event, or you may be scored multiple times.
You can sign-up to receive a text message of your results (and anyone else's) via the "Result Notification" link on Runsignup.com
Results will be posted at www.thtiming.com
2022 Ringing in Spring Sponsors | Thank You!
Our mission is made possible by and through generous sponsors and community partners.
Sponsor | Volunteer | Donate
Sponsoring or donating to a Y Event provides so much more than financial support. Our events are one piece of the bigger cause – strengthening the foundations of our community by developing successful youth, engaging people in healthy living and instilling a commitment to social responsibility.
Interested in being a Sponsor?
Contact Jodi Jackson, Associate Director of Events & Stewardship | 219.462.4185 ext 233 | firstname.lastname@example.org