Confidence in the Water
The YMCA is the nationwide leader in helping people of all ages feel safe in the water. From swim lessons to birthday pool parties to lifeguard certifications, you'll find water fun and safe at our Y!
100 Mile Club
$15 | Members Only | Open Enrollment
Every lap you swim counts towards your 100 Mile Club Membership!
- Record your distance on your weekly log sheets and turn in by Friday to have your laps recorded!
- Compete weekly for “Most Laps Swam” and watch your stats to see where you fall in “Total Laps Swam”.
- Reach 100 Miles and win a 100 Mile Club T-Shirt!
Lap and Leisure Pool
Lap Pool - 6 Lanes - ADA Chair Lift
- 25 Yards
- 81 Degrees
- Sauna, Steam Room, and Whirl Pool
Leisure Pool - ADA Chair Lift - Splash Pad
- 86 Degrees
- Water slide
- Zero depth entry splash pad with water fall features
- Splash Pad*
*The splash pad is only guaranteed to be open during open swim and limited swim times. During group lessons the splash pad will be open in between lessons and when an extra lifeguard is present to guard the splash pad. If the splash pad is closed a sign will be placed at the start of the splash pad. During lessons please be respectful to the kiddos trying to learn to swim! If the splash pad is open please try and keep your kids in the splash pad quiet so it does not interfere with group lessons.
If you have any questions, please contact the Aquatics Office at 219-462-4185 x 353.
Everyone will be swim tested before having access to the slide to ensure adequate swimming ability. To pass the swim test you must: 1. Jump in feet first 2. Swim halfway across the pool and back. 3. Tread water for 30 seconds
- Everyone must take the swim test, including adults.
- No goggles on the slide.
- Feet first down the slide.
- Tight fitting swim shirts only (to avoid entanglement).
- Wait at the bottom of the stairs until the person in front of you exits the slide and gets to the wall.
- One person on the slide at a time.
- Not permitted to catch someone at the bottom of the slide.
- Except for group swim lesson participants, the Splash Pad is only available during Open Swim times.
- Parent/adult guardian should remain within arm’s length of children using the Splash Pad.
- Please note that all children under age 10 are automatically considered non-swimmers unless they can pass the swim test.
- Non-swimmers should be actively supervised and within arm’s reach of a parent or adult guardian at all times.
- Children under the age of 6 must be actively supervised at all times by a parent or guardian within arm’s reach.
Nothing inflatable is allowed. Only US Coast Guard floatation devices are permited are are available on the pool deck.
Sauna, Steam Room, and Whirlpool
- Minimum age for the heating elements is 15 years old.
- If you have a medical exception card your heating element time will be limited to 5 minutes with a 5 minute cool down between heating.
- Only patrons wearing acceptable attire will be allowed to use these amenities:
|ACCEPTABLE ATTIRE||NON-ACCEPTABLE ATTIRE|
Thank you for understanding that these rules are for your safety and complying. If you require a medical or religious exception please contact the Aquatics Office at 219-462-4185 x 353.
Our swim lessons work to develop water safety knowledge, swim technique skills, endurance, and confidence in each of our program participants. Learning to swim provides valuable aquatic survival skills to community members and helps to promote positive values. Our wide range of classes ensure that there is an opportunity to grow for everyone, regardless of age or skill level!
Swim lesson levels are offered at all available time slots! If you have multiple children - they can all take lessons at the same time! Sign Ups are the second Wednesday of each month, for classes starting the following month.
Water Fitness Classes
Our water fitness classes are perfect for adults looking to challenge themselves without stress on their joints or for members who just enjoy the water. Our group exercise classes help each participant to gain muscle conditioning and cardiovascular endurance through aerobic choreography and the resistance of the water.
American Red Cross Certifications
Are you prepared for an emergency, inside or outside of an aquatics environment? Our American Red Cross lifeguarding, first aid, and CPR/AED certification courses will prepare you to reduce risk of injury and death and to respond in times of need.