Find Your FUN. Find Your Y.
Summer Camp at the YMCA is a time for kids to explore, discover and create in a place that encourages confidence and community.
- CAMP REGISTRATION OPENS FEBRUARY 13
- Valparaiso Family YMCA Camp is an outdoor day camp
- Open to kids in grades 1st-8th (grades based on fall enrollment)
- Camp runs May 30–August 4, 2023
If you have additional questions:
Audrey Sheehan, Camp Coordinator | 219-464-9543 ext 349 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Members: May 21 | Non-members: May 14
If you need to add a week after your original registration, it must be done no later than the Wednesday before the week you want to add.
- Free week of camp: Prepay for all 10 weeks. No refunds.
- 10% off a Summer Y Family Membership: NOT A MEMBER? JOIN TODAY AND SAVE ON A MEMBERSHIP THIS SUMMER. We offer a huge variety of programs and offerings that will not only keep your children active and inspired - they’ll keep your whole family moving forward this summer: program discounts on swim lessons, youth sports, 160+ free group exercise classes, priority registration and free child watch services. BECOMING A MEMBER IS JOINING OUR FAMILY! LEARN MORE!
- Weekly Auto Payments
Payments are made each Monday of the current week of care with our convenient electronic draft system. Payments of credit card, debit card, or check accepted.
- Cancellations: No refunds or credits given for any cancellations.
- Registration and Camp Bus Fee
Camp bus fee and registration will come out the first draft your child attends camp.
- Camp Forms
Returning campers only need to fill out the pre-pay form. Fill out the and drop off completed forms to the Child Care Office or email forms to Audrey Sheehan, Camp Coordinator | email@example.com
CAMP 2023 FEES (Pricing is per week) Sibling Discount: There is a 15% child discount for each additional family member after the first child.
|Registration Fee (one time yearly fee including bus fee)||$150||$150|
|FULL TIME: M-F, 8:30am-3:30pm||$120||$145|
|FULL TIME WITH WRAP AROUND CARE: M-F, 6am-6pm||$170||$195|
The Y Creates Opportunities for All
Financial assistance is available for families who need it to ensure that all kids in our community can have enriching summer experiences. We accept CCDF vouchers (Parents must contact Head Start to receive state funding).
Policies and Procedures
There will be no refunds or credits given for any cancellations.
Campers need a packed lunch every day (no heat-ups). Peanut free table will be designated. If a child does not come with lunch, $5 will be charged to your account for providing a lunch.
Professionally trained and enthusiastic staff are the key ingredient to a positive camping experience at the Valparaiso Family YMCA. Each counselor is selected based on their skills, maturity, creativity and sensitivity to the needs of our camp participants. Staff are certified in CPR, AED and First Aid.
Extended Care | Wrap around Extended Camp Care
Before and after care hours to accommodate various schedules. We offer extended care Monday through Friday 6-9 AM and 3-6 PM.
The Valparaiso Family YMCA invites persons with disabilities to enjoy Y programs and facilities. If your child requires a reasonable modification due to a disability to enjoy any of our programs, please answer the requested question on the registration form. A member of our team will contact you. Any questions that you may have can also be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Trip Policy
Children must wear YMCA camp shirts on field trip days. We reserve the right to charge campers for a new shirt if not worn on field trip days.
What to Bring to Camp!
Please mark all items with your child’s first and last name.
- Children need a labeled reusable water bottle everyday
- Tennis shoes (no flip-flops)
- Change of clothes
- Suncsreen and Towel
- Swim Suit on water field trip days
- INDOOR SWIM DAYS: Swim suit, towel, flip flops, goggles, swim cap, etc.
- Weather appropriate apparel (ex. jackets for cooler days)
- What to leave at home: All electronics, cell phones, and toys. They Y is not responsible for lost or broken items.
Stay Connected with the REMIND APP: We use this app to communicate with our parents and share important information about the camp! Download the Remind App and type in camp code:@valpoycamp