At our Y, we believe in our mission to strengthen the community through youth development!
Through a variety of programing, we aim to help kids develop the skills necessary to thrive inside and outside of our walls: confidence, self-esteem, discipline, leadership, sportsmanship, collaboration, and so much more!
Thanks to Wellness Center 101, children ages 10+ can now enjoy the same privileges of those 14+, exercising independently in the wellness center, group exercise classes, and the studios during open studio time! Just make sure your child stops by the wellness desk to check in and get their wrist band after completing the course!
Wellness Center 101 for Youth | Ages 10-13
We are here to welcome children into Wellness Center 101. This course is designed to teach youth age 10-13 basic exercise technique and Wellness Center etiquette so that they can feel confident exercising in the Wellness Center after the successful completion of this class.
With successful completion of this course, your child will be able to use the Wellness Center, Cardio and Cybex equipment, and studio’s during Open Studio Time to workout.
Successful completion of this class requires that youth:
- Attend a minimum of 5 of the 7 classes offered. Last class is mandatory.
- Completion of final test on last day of class. Test will include:
- Proper use and form on select cardio equipment
- Proper use and form on select Cybex equipment
- Use of WC 101 workout card with equipment setting and weight/reps
- Wellness Center and studio etiquette
If you have any questions regarding Wellness Center 101 or curriculum, the Wellness Center and its policies, specifically pertaining to the Youth Fitness, please contact Lisa Petre, Associate Director of Wellness, at 219-462-4185 ext. 260 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Preschool Dance Fusion | Ages 3-5
We are here to welcome your children ages 3-5 into Preschool Dance Fusion! This class teaches the basics of Ballet and Jazz to your preschoolers in a fun and imaginative way. Dancing helps children learn about focus, body coordination, creativity, and fun!
Studio Etiquette for Preschool Dance Fusion:
- Please come to class with water (no food or drinks allowed in studio).
- All classes are shoe-free for both parents and children (ballet shoes only).
- After class, please assist the instructor in stacking the chairs.
Kids Fitness Class | Ages 4-10
Help your child get their groove on! Join us for a FREE Kids Fitness class where your child will participate in healthy movement that is also fun! Classes are 45 minutes in length and taught by a certified Group Exercise Instructor.