Let’s Raise a Strong Community
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Imagine a community where…
- Kids are in affordable afterschool care, getting homework help and playing active games instead of staring at a screen.
- There is a safe connection to healthy living for group home members of local non-profits – like those who have battled addiction and become sober in the Intrepid Phoenix program.
- Young children have access to swimming lessons, reducing the risk of drowning and increasing confidence and problem-solving skills.
- There is an outlet for seniors to have social and physical activity, leading to healthier, happier and longer lives.
- Cancer survivors find hope in the LIVESTRONG program, offering a community of support and the ability to regain control of their health after battling a vicious disease.
In addition to our commitment to helping, healing, and growing Porter County, the Y is dedicated upholding the highest standards of transparency and accountability. Our Impact Report details the past year's program, fundraising, and financial accomplishments, and acknowledge the hundreds of who make this work possible.
Let's work together to help our community succeed!
The Valparaiso Family YMCA Foundation Scholarship
The scholarship application is now open through March 31st, 2023. Scholarships are awarded in May at the respective school’s Scholarship Awards Night.
Tracey McElree, Senior Director of Advancement
Valparaiso Family YMCA
1201 Cumberland Crossing Drive
Valparaiso, IN 46383