Let’s Raise a Strong Community
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Imagine a community where…
• Kids are in affordable afterschool care, getting homework help and playing active games instead of staring at a screen.
• There is a safe connection to healthy living for group home members of local non-profits – like those who have battled addiction and become sober in the Intrepid Phoenix program.
• Young children have access to swimming lessons, reducing the risk of drowning and increasing confidence and problem-solving skills.
• There is an outlet for seniors to have social and physical activity, leading to healthier, happier and longer lives.
• Cancer survivors find hope in the LIVESTRONG program, offering a community of support and the ability to regain control of their health after battling a vicious disease.
In our COVID-19 world, we are still committed to this vision. A strong community begins with you and we can only create it together.
Your support is necessary to fund many of the Y programs and services that families that are in need use every day. Together we can ensure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive in a YMCA program.
Because of generous donors, enthusiastic volunteers, caring staff and dedicated members and guests, the YMCA continues to build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
In addition to our commitment to helping, healing, and growing Porter County, the Y is dedicated upholding the highest standards of transparency and accountability. Our Annual Report detail the past year's program, fundraising, and financial accomplishments, and acknowledge the hundreds of donors who make this work possible.
Let's work together to help our community succeed!
The Valparaiso Family YMCA Foundation Scholarship
With many thanks to the donations made by our Foundation through the Annual Campaign in 2020, we are excited to offer four $1,500 scholarships to seniors in 2021. Applicants must be a resident of Porter County, attend high school in Porter County, must be accepted at an accredited public or private college, university, or technical school by July 1, 2021. Those awarded are invited to attend an annual recognition dinner in the Fall of 2021.
These scholarships are designed for those with not only financial need and good academics, but most importantly, those who have an aptitude to succed. Applications are due March 31st, 2021 to:
Zachary Wagner, Director of Financial Management
Valparaiso Family YMCA
1201 Cumberland Crossing Drive
Valparaiso, IN 46383