Membership Means So Much More
The Y is so much more – we’re a welcoming place to connect and learn with others. A place to get an extra boost of encouragement and motivation to lead a healthier lifestyle. An environment for kids to grow and a supportive community in which to do so. When you join the Y, you will find what makes us so much more. The Y has a long history of changing lives. Are you ready for us to help you change yours? Experienced, knowledgeable and professional staff are here to help you every step of the way.
What My Membership Includes
- State of the art Wellness Center, fully equipped with Cardio, Strength, and Free Weight equipment
- Indoor Walking & Running Track, 3 lanes - 1/8th of a mile in length
- St. Mary Medical Center Healthcare partner services & screenings/physical therapy and aquatic therapy available on-site.
- 2 hours of complimentary Child Watch per day
- Over 100+ complimentary Group Exercise classes for all skill levels
- Open Swim in our warmer water and kid friendly Leisure Pool
- Lap swim in our 25 yard, 6 - lane Lap Pool
- Heating Elements include Dry Sauna, Steam Room, and Whirlpool
- Open gym time
- Mobile app
- Discounts on programming, including top-notch Personal Training, Swim Lessons, Youth Sports, and so much more!
- Volunteer opportunities
- Nationwide Membership
First Foot Forward | Getting Started Consultations
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Getting Started consultations are available to all members at no charge. These consultations are an opportunity for members to learn more about our facility, programs and schedules. Each consultant is trained to direct you based on your personal needs! Schedule yours now!
Bring A Visitor | Our Buddy Program
What better way to stay on track with your Healthy Living routine that by brining a friend to workout with you?! Share the Y with everyone you know, free of charge!
Buddy Visits: As a member of our Valparaiso Family YMCA, you can bring a buddy every time you visit. A few details to be aware of to ensure a smooth and enjoyable Buddy visit experience:
- One buddy per member per day
- Individual buddies are limited to 4 visits per year
- Buddy must present a Photo ID and sign a Waiver of Liability upon first visit
Complimentary Guest Passes: Want to share the Y with a friend or family member but can't coordinate schedules to come together on the Buddy Program? That's okay! As a member of our Valparaiso Family YMCA, you are entitled to (2) complimentary guest passes per year. These passes can be used for an individual or their whole family to come in and utilize the facility anytime they would like, they do not have to be accompanied by you.
- Guests must present valid Photo ID upon redemption for a Complimentary Guest Pass
- Complimentary Guest Passes may be requested by members at the Courtesy Desk at any time
Membership Categories | Something for Everyone!
Membership Category Types
2 ADULT HOUSEHOLD
Includes two adults, plus dependents under the age of 18. All members of a Household unit must live at the same address.
- Monthly Fee: $79
- One-Time Joiner's Fee: $100
1 ADULT HOUSEHOLD
Includes one adult, plus dependents under the age of 18. All members of a 1 Adult Household must live at the same address.
- Monthly Fee: $63
- One-Time Joiner's Fee: $80
Includes one adult, age 18+
- Monthly Fee: $56
- One-Time Joiner's Fee: $75
Includes one youth, ages 10-17.
- Monthly Fee: $21
- One-Time Joiner's Fee: $25
2 SENIOR ADULT
Includes two senior adults, ages 65+. Both members of a Senior Household must live at the same address. Senior Households have the added benefit of up to 4 months of a Membership Hold each year for travel to a secondary home location.
- Monthly Fee: $60
- One-Time Joiner's Fee: $80
1 SENIOR ADULT
Includes one senior adult, age 65+. Senior Adults have the added benefit of up to 4 months of a Membership Hold each year for travel to a secondary home location.
- Monthly Fee: $43.50
- One-Time Joiner's Fee: $60
EXTENDED HOUSEHOLD BENEFIT
Adult and Household draft memberships have the option of adding extended household members (definition: additional adults living in the same household) onto their monthly draft membership for a fee of $23 per person per month. Extended household members must provide same-address verification in the form of a valid drivers license or two pieces of official mail such as; a bill, insurance correspondence, or school transcripts. Primary member is responsible for this added fee and must notify the YMCA of any household changes. Only the primary member can make additions, changes, or cancellations to membership.
- Monthly Fee: $23
- Joiner's Fee: $0
*Membership Eligibility Policy*
Any person who supports the YMCA purpose & values and that continues to live them in their lives may become a member of this corporation in accordance with such provisions as may be established by the Board of Directors. A membership may continue unless the Board of Directors or its authorized agent concludes, in its sole discretion, that a member should be terminated, or if a member or YMCA user is listed on the Registered Sex Offenders listing. They may be immediately denied membership and access to the facility.
YMCA memberships are open to all people without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age or sex.
Try Before You Buy | Daily Passes
Want to check us out before making the commitment? We understand! We have Daily Passes available.
Family Household: $25
If you decide you want to Join after purchasing a Daily Pass (within 30 days), we will apply up to (3) daily pass fees toward your Joiner's Fee! All Daily Pass visitors must present a valid Photo ID for purchase and sign a Waiver of Liability, with the exception of Youth who do not yet have a Photo ID. Youth will need to have a Parent/Guardian accompany them for their first visit to sign a Waiver of Liability.