BUILDING BRIGHTER FUTURES
Toddler Care | Preschool & Pre-K | School Age
Parents entrust their toddlers and preschoolers into our care during the critical stages of early development. Preparing your children to enter school with the necessary social, emotional and cognitive skills is one of our top priorities. At the YMCA, toddlers develop trust and security and preschoolers experience early literacy and learn about their world. Children thrive in a caring, nurturing and learning atmosphere. Our YMCA provides quality, affordable early childhood development in a safe, learning environment.
While the school year may look different than before, the Y’s Before & Afterschool/Fun Days/Valpo E-Learn Wednesday programs continue to be a familiar place where children can be safe, active, learning and engaged during their time out of school—something especially important as children adjust to the many changes related to COVID-19. Through a balanced approach to youth development, the Y offers activities, mentorship and academic support, helping kids to thrive throughout the school year.
For more information about our programs, contact Melanie Hoffman, Childcare Director | 219.464.9543 ext 7 | firstname.lastname@example.org
THE Y CREATES OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL.
Thanks to the generosity of donors, the Y offers scholarships to individuals and families for Y membership and programs, including child care. Click here for more information and to apply.
Enhanced Measures to Keep Kids Healthy and Safe
- Sanitizing high touch points throughout the day
- Classrooms are sanitized from top to bottom at the end of each day
- Staff are wearing masks
- Encouraging children to wears masks
- Trying to maintain 6 ft distance
- Encouraging elbow bumps instead of high fives
- Enforcing healthy habits (washing hands, not wiping nose on sleeves, etc.)
- Not combining classrooms
- Keeping teachers in 1 classroom, not switching into other rooms
- Ozone machine in each of the classrooms that cleans the air at night
Policies and Packets
Click on the link below for more information and to download packet forms:
School Age Enrollment Packet
EMERGENCY CLOSING: Information about closings can be found on the YMCA app, website & Child’s teacher communication app
• If School closes early, Y Care will not run
• If School is closed for the day but YMCA is open, we will hold a Fun Day until 6pm
• If the YMCA is closed there will be no care available